DIGEST: Storyboarding Interactive Content in WBT

Subject: DIGEST: Storyboarding Interactive Content in WBT
From: "Branham, Craig" <cbranham -at- rational -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:37:02 -0800

Thanks to everyone who contacted me off-list about Web-based training and
storyboards. I thought I would share with the list the collection of
resources people sent me.

Web Sites

http://www.filename.com/wbt/pages/resources.htm
http://lorien.ncl.ac.uk/ming/resources/cal/mmedia.htm
http://www.quia.com/
http://www.concentric.net/~Nhgacki/roosunivndex.html
http://www.designingwbt.com/
http://www.zdnet.com/smartplanet/?layout=new_home
http://www.qarbon.com/
http://www.animationtoolworks.com/
http://hagar.up.ac.za/catts/learner/m1g1/whointro.html

Books

Stephen M. Alessi, Stanley R. Trollip, _Multimedia for Learning: Methods and
Development_ (Allyn & Bacon, 2000).

Margaret Driscoll, Larry Alexander, _Web-Based Training: Using Technology to
Design Adult Learning Experiences_ (Jossey-Bass, 1998).

Bandon Hall, _WBT Cookbook_ (Wiley, 1997).

William Horton, _Designing Web-Based Training_ (Wiley, 2000).

William W. Lee, Diana L. Owens, _ Multimedia-Based Instructional Design:
Computer-Based Training, Web-Based Training, and Distance Learning_
(Jossey-Bass, 2000).

Barbara Seels. _Making Instructional Design Decisions_ (Prentice Hall,
1997).

Training Courses/Workshops

Langevin: _Web-Based Training: Directions, Decisions & Design_
http://207.107.10.214/wShop.asp?C=WBT

STC Carolina Chapter: _Developing e-Learning_, "A strong focus of the
workshop is on creating storyboards to describe content flow, interaction
logic and media specifications for the development of online courses."
http://www.stc-carolina.org/training/ - Register fast, it's being held this
Saturday, 08 December 2001.

Thanks again!

Craig Branham

Sr. Course Developer

R a t i o n a l
the software development company

e-mail - cbranham -at- rational -dot- com