RE: Survey: "Screen shots"

Subject: RE: Survey: "Screen shots"
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:43:05 -0800 (PST)

I mentioned earlier that some Visios had the templates and elements
for creating a screen.

At a previous gig, I would create the design of the screen using
Visio. I would then turn the design over to the developer and he
would create it in code. The screen he created looked EXACTLY like
the mockup I designed, right down to the text font of the screen and
of any dropdown lists.

As long as the developer didn't deviate, which he usually didn't
because he was part of the design team since the beginning, you
couldn't tell the difference...except that the mockup looked clearer.

> "Do you think it likely that a user would be confused or
> offended or distracted if the parts that I consider cosmetic
> are not exact matches for what they see onscreen?"

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com