Re: need halftone plug-in for PSP

Subject: Re: need halftone plug-in for PSP
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 08:52:52 +1000

Paul,
In my previous note, I failed to mention that I often take the output from my laser printer to be photocopied, so I have to get laser printouts that simulate halftones well enough for the photocopier to use; otherwise the copies look terrible even if the originals look great.

Because I've succeeded in doing that, I consider greyscale to be *functionally* equivalent to halftones, even though technically they are different. (Ah, how well I remember the years I spent dealing with real, old-fashioned halftones before personal computers came along.)

On the other hand, I'd like to improve the printing masters I take for copying. So if you find a way to produce real halftones from PSP or any other (inexpensive) package, please share it! I keep thinking that surely it's the sort of thing that a graphics package should be able to do.

Cheers, Jean

Paul Strasser wrote:

Thanks for your comments, but greyscale is a pallette with 256 (or whatever
number) shades of grey...

Halftone is different. ..

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr