Re: Batch converting image references in Frame

Subject: Re: Batch converting image references in Frame
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:06:49 -0800 (PST)

> decision made by higher-ups a long time ago. Our clients are now
> starting
> to squawk about PDF file sizes, and we've been told to convert all
> the
> images to either gifs or pngs. I'm not sure which of those to

Jason...

Before going through the process and effort, have you verified that
by converting the BMP to GIF in the Frame files, that the PDF will
get acceptably smaller?

If my requirement was a smaller PDF, I'd play more with the Distiller
compression routines. Maybe you can optimize the PDF for a resolution
more inline with your viewing/printing requirements?

I only say this because a previous gig was optimizing their PDFs for
press quality and the highest res printer they had was 600dpi laser.
PDFs went to half the size. (the some is good, more is better syndrome).

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr