RE: Buying software oneself in order to learn it

Subject: RE: Buying software oneself in order to learn it
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:03:35 -0600

I don't know of a list (though I would be interested in seeing it if one exists), I do know that Barnes and Noble has a series of 3 free classes on PhotoShop. Check out the class listings at <http://www.barnesandnobleuniversity.com>.

There are no intermediate or advanced classes on the schedule right now, but their are three sections of the Basics class:

Nov 6 - Dec 21
Dec 4 - Jan 18
Jan 8 - Feb 22

It's work at your own pace, so if you sign up for that first one, you will be probably be able to access all of the lessons immediately (or at least by Friday).

There is also a Graphic Design for Non-Designers class:

Dec 4 - Jan 4

These are basically online tutorials (with practice exercises and quizzes), but there is a discussion board that the teacher participates in so you can ask questions of an expert.

BTW, I am in no way associated with B&N, except to occasionally take one of their classes (or buy some books).