RE: Including content of one file of HTML in another?

Subject: RE: Including content of one file of HTML in another?
From: "Paula Puffer" <pap -at- binkleybarfield -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:57:49 -0600

Geoff:

The PCOSupport.org web site was straight HTML when I left as webmaster.
At a face-to-face staff meeting this past weekend (our core staff is
volunteer and scattered throughout the US), the new webmaster and I were
talking about PHP performance vs. HTML. She stated that the footprint of
the web site went to 1/3 to 1/2 of what it was with HTML.

The site does load quicker than it used to.

Paula

Geoff Wrote:
Bryan Westbrook observed that: <<....although the change might be
automatically made to all of the pages, you still have to re-upload all
of
the changed pages (unless you're editing on the server). With an
include,
you only have to upload the revised version of the include file to
change
all of the pages.>>

Interesting. If the includes represent a large chunk of data, that could
provide a very significant performance advantage. But does the
"includepage"
feature use standard HTML? If not, it probably requires Microsoft
components