Re: On not becoming discouraged

Subject: Re: On not becoming discouraged
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:39:59 -0800

Ellen Vanrenen wrote:

> How do you all do and learn it all?

Well, for me, the answer is to postpone (indefinitely) the formal recording of all that "process" stuff, like directory structure, file naming conventions, and formal style guide. Most of that we just coordinate in a brief conversation when necessary.

That way, I can get on with learning what needs to be documented (a Java API, for example) and how to get the information to the users (JavaDocs, in this case).

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!