the new economy and finding a job

Subject: the new economy and finding a job
From: Molly Hovorka <Molly -dot- Hovorka -at- audiobase -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:47:06 -0800

For so many years, it has been fairly easy to get a job in technical
writing, at least on the high tech side. Jobs have been posted in a many
places, you didn't necessarily have to know someone inside, and offers could
come as fast as the same day one interviewed. How times have changed!! Many
of my old sources have dried up (STC board, this list and related web site),
and I've had to get more creative in the ways I've looked for a new job. Out
of curiosity, what sites and strategies have you found useful lately if you
are looking for a job? What would you avoid?

Molly A. Hovorka
Technical Writer
AudioBase, Inc.
molly -dot- hovorka -at- audiobase -dot- com
http://www.audiobase.com