re: MS HTML Help Workshop

Subject: re: MS HTML Help Workshop
From: tvirostko -at- familydollar -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:19:38 -0500

Sorry for the late reply; I'm on Digest:

Subject: MS HTML Help Workshop
From: "Ivan Weiss" <ivan -dot- weiss -at- centurytel -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:51:20 -0800

"Steve Lefevers" <scl -at- pcisys -dot- net> wrote in message
news:<000101c192eb$4504d900$9222e5d8 -at- computer>...
> My Email Address is scl -at- pcisys -dot- net
> I just downloaded Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop ver. 1.31 for
> Windows 98.
> I've never used this or any other Help program before.
> I know you can create On-Line Help documents with this program.
> Can you also create Help Documents for a hardcopy book or manual with
> it?

My experience is limited to the (excellent) class I just completed, but
I'd say yes, although this is not necessarily the best way to do it.
Just using a word processor would be less hassle.

I found the following website to have great content for Help Authoring.
There is a HTML Workshop Tutorial worth the time.
(I have no affiliation.)

Anthony Virostko
IT Technical Writer
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.