Re: Summary: What's been the most valuable course you have taken?

Subject: Re: Summary: What's been the most valuable course you have taken?
From: "Brad Jensen" <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 23:10:11 -0600

The most valuable course I ever took was a class in metaphysics
from the School of Metaphysics. By lesson 7 I had started my own
business, which now employs me and 24 other people.It was not just
the ideas of the course, but the mental exercises that trained me
in imagination and will that have made such a difference in my
life.

All the knowledge in the world is worthless unless you develop the
power to use it yourself.

Much of my technical writing has been about the technicalities of
how the mind works. I've never made a dime from that sort of
writing (not by anyone paying me for any of it, at least) but I
consider it the most valuable thing I have done.

I've also written documentation for my own software. I also
consider the software itself a sort of technical writing. The
point is to make the power of the computer available to
nontechnical users.

Brad Jensen