RE: tables in Word

Subject: RE: tables in Word
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <SGallagher -at- akonix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:18:32 -0800

One of the easiest ways to save a complex table format (or any
complex format, for that matter) is as autotext. Format the table
to your liking, apply any paragraph and character styles you want,
but leave the table cells empty or put dummy text in them. Once
you've got things looking right:

1. Highlight the table
2. Select Insert > Autotext > New
3. Type a name for the table (e.g. "table") and click OK

Use the Organizer function to copy the autotext entry into your
template.

Thereafter, whenever you want a table grid, type "table" and press
f3 (or in Word > 2000, type "tab", Word suggests "table", press
Enter).

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- akonix -dot- com

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp. RoboHelp 2002 is now available! Get the very latest in Help functionality
to create superior Help systems. Get special savings when you buy
in January! Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr