Re: Extreme Technical Writing (was RE: Flexibility and changing requirements)

Subject: Re: Extreme Technical Writing (was RE: Flexibility and changing requirements)
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 15:25:45

So, how does a technical writer integrate with an XP programming
team?

The best you can, until the company goes belly-up.

We used an XP development method at my FORMER job. We finally streamlined the documentation to a very short process: A simple high-level requirements document, developer meeting notes, a help file or SDK document, and a business document that outlined the help file or SDK document. Everyone was happy in the end.

Diane Evans
Still looking for a job in the Seattle area...

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp. RoboHelp 2002 is now available! Get the very latest in Help functionality to create superior Help systems. Get special savings when you buy in January! Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr