Re: Documentation planning (was Re: FW: Extreme Technical Writing)

Subject: Re: Documentation planning (was Re: FW: Extreme Technical Writing)
From: SIANNON -at- VISUS -dot- JNJ -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:54:13

[Steven Brown gives another detailed strategy description, omitted for sake
of space]

Getting management to define priorities seriously helps in multi-project
juggling acts, I've found. I found that my natural assumption of doc
priorities isn't always the same as the Powers That Be, especially when a
single project has customers from multiple, potentially competing areas.
I've also encountered a number of illuminating "because no one ever asked
before" answers to "why are we doing it this way?" questions asked while
trying to learn the workflow.

OK, really going to go now,
Shauna