Re: Condition text in Word (2000)

Subject: Re: Condition text in Word (2000)
From: Win Day <winday -at- rogers -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:58:50 -0500

At 02:49 PM 10/01/2002 -0800, Chuck Martin wrote:

<SNIP>

I've been working in VBA, using what limited skills I have in that language,
but one of the issues is that I cna't find a way to mark text with invisible
characteristics (as opposed to the visible characteristics of font size,
color, bold, etc.). If I could create custome character format, then I
could, say, make a section of text as Product1, which would not appear in
the Product 2 version, and when I want to create a Product 2 manual, I'd run
a macro to make all Product1-marked text hidden, then re-generate the
pagination and TOC.

You CAN make custom character styles. When you make a new style, make it a character type instead of a paragraph type.

Also, have you considered using some kind of mail merge? I haven't played with the merge function much, but you might be able to customize that somehow.

Win

Win Day

Multimedia Developer

http://www.wordsplus.net
mailto:winday -at- wordsplus -dot- net

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr