Re: Alone from the start (was: Documentation planning)

Subject: Re: Alone from the start (was: Documentation planning)
From: reni -at- iki -dot- fi
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 1:54:43

Four years ago I started as a Technical writer in a small software company.
I was not the first one to write documentation (the software version then
was 1.6), but I was first one to really focusing into writing documents.

I certainly would do it again. I made mistakes, but I learned from them. I
was lucky to have really good co-workers who also wanted to have excellent
and clear documentation. So, within less than three years I ended up to be
documentation manager with four other technical writers. The company had
~60 employees alltogether so we had quite good writer:developer ratio :)

But time passed and I moved on to have new challenges. Now I try to do the
same for overall quality development than I did for documentation.

Reni Waegelein

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you.