Operator vs. User

Subject: Operator vs. User
From: "Tasos Athanasopoulos" <atha -at- intranet -dot- gr>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:51:45 +0200

Hello all out there!!!
A little help needed. As a non native English speaker (I'm Greek), I have a
small question:
What is the difference between a USER and an OPERATOR? My company produces
telecommunications equipment to be sold to large telecommunications operator
companies (France Telecom, etc.) as well as consumer products (i.e.
telephone sets) to be sold to private persons like you and me. We produce
both, Hardware and Software products. When shall we call a manual a User's
Guide or User's Manual and when Operator's Manual?
Last question: Is it User's/Operator's Manual or User/Operator Manual
(without 's)?
Thanx in advance for your help.
Anastassios Athanassopoulos
INTRACOM S.A.