Re: Condition text in Word (2000)

Subject: Re: Condition text in Word (2000)
From: "Chuck Martin" <twriter -at- sonic -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:17:47 -0800

"Jean Weber" <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au> wrote in message news:135672 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
> >Chuck Martin wrote:
> >>I want to create conditional text in Word, and then be able to
> >>control when it does and doesn't appear. <detail snipped>
> Chuck also said, in another note:
> >I can't apply 2 character styles to [the same text]. (At least, I don't
> >know how to if it can be done.)
> There are probably more elegant (or efficient) ways to do this, but you
> could define a third style for "both" and have the output look for "A" and
> "both" or "B" and "both" or some such.
I got a similar suggestion offline, which works on the face--until you start
adding more products/options:

For one product, 1 style (A)
For two products, 3 styles (A, B, AB)
For three products, 6 styles (A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC)
For four products, 10 styles
For five products, 15 styles

The combinations multiply worse when you add a second or thrid criteria, for
example, user role, or user level, and so on.

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you.