RE: doing graphics when you're not an artist

Subject: RE: doing graphics when you're not an artist
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:18:11 -0600

I worked on a huge military project where the art department did exactly that. We (the writers) would take the photos and deliver them to the illustrators who would load them into AutoCAD and create vector line art by tracing the pictures and then delete the photographs from underneath.

I did a simple drawing in PhotoShop once using the same technique, but I would not recommend that application for this. Illustrator might be well-suited for the task, but I've never used it.