Re: Anyone familiar with "aspforums"?

Subject: Re: Anyone familiar with "aspforums"?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:49:47 -0800

Richard Smith wrote:

Zope is ported to many OSes, and runs with or without it's own httpd. It is
ported to Win32, MAC, Solaris, Linux, hell it's probably even on palm by now.
And I agree with whoever first brought it up (was it Bruce?) Zope rocks!

Yes, it was me. And Zope is a formidable backend to a web server, no question. At one company where I worked, a web design company persuaded the CEO to switch to a proprietary solution at the cost of a few thousand dollars for the software alone. Despite the considerable technical expertise of the company's staff, the proprietary solution wasn't nearly as flexible or as easy to use - and didn't seem to have as many features, either. In the end, the company swallowed the lost and returned to Zope. One more small victory for free software!

But thanks for the reminder that Zope is cross-platform. It's popularity and develop is so *NIX-centered that I had completely forgot that it was available on Windows. So, Dick, Zope might be a solution for you after all.

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr