re: Styles: To Base or Not To Base

Subject: re: Styles: To Base or Not To Base
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 08:59:04 -0800 (PST)

We're using custom styles that are based on the built in styles. But then again, we're mostly using Word in conjunction with RoboHelp (we only do online help). When I have to create a quick doc I usually just tweak the existing styles and add new styles as I go. If I'm creating something that is of longer lasting value, I create all new styles. So I guess I adjust my use of styles according to the importance of the doc I'm creating. The more important it is, the more time I take in ensuring the styles are right.

Sean Hower

technical writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Get 20MB of free web space now at http://www.freehomepage.com

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr