Re: job interview question: ethical issues about portfolio

Subject: Re: job interview question: ethical issues about portfolio
From: ICorrino -at- cs -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:00:53 EST

margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net writes:

> Not everyone shares your good fortune. I did work I was quite proud of for
> large corporation (on a contract that ended on good terms). Despite the
> project manager's advocating for me with the corporate counsel, the company
> would not budge, no matter how I disguised names, numbers, and other
> identifying information.

So did you use only older samples? If so, did you also have to disguise names
and identifying information with the older samples? How extreme were your
efforts to protect the company?

Also, has anyone considered taking the confidential and proprietary samples
and just not *leaving* them with the potential employer? (ie, Just have them
in your briefcase, show them during the interview and explain that you can't
leave them.) Is this more acceptable?

Finally, if you have documentation marked confidential and proprietary, but
it's for a product that was canceled, are you on safer ground? Or should you
still be concerned about using it?

thanks, Irulan

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr