RE: Editing Marks - Please Help!!!

Subject: RE: Editing Marks - Please Help!!!
From: "Michael Simoni" <msimoni -at- cmotor -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:57:16 -0800

Hi David,

Marks for faulty parallelism, lack of agreement, comma splices, etc, are
known as correction symbols. Whereas proofreader's marks are for marking
galley proofs and how text is printed, correction symbols are used to mark
grammatical errors. There is some crossover between the two sets of symbols.
For instance, adding/removing punctuation, closing up spaces, and creating
new paragraphs.

A quick Google search for "correction symbols" unearths a variety of pages
to look at. From what I've seen, content varies slightly between pages and
none are truly comprehensive.

Michael Simoni
Technical Writer

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to
RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

RE: Editing Marks - Please Help!!!: From: David Knopf

Previous by Author: RE: RoboHelp Certified Professional Program?
Next by Author: RE: Career paths of lone technical writers
Previous by Thread: RE: Editing Marks - Please Help!!!
Next by Thread: Re: Editing Marks - Please Help!!!

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads