Combining USer Guides

Subject: Combining USer Guides
From: Liz -dot- Goodwin -at- ametek -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:33:38 -0500

<Our company has an add-in to our core software, which has its own user
<guide. We are now going to market the add-in as an optional component of
the
<main software, which has also has its own user's guide.

We would just add a Supplement to the main software user guide. We deal
mainly in hardware, rather than software, but when we have optional
equipment to use with the hardware that requires a user guide, we add a
supplement and include the optional equipment user guide there. You could
also include it in an Appendix under "Options."

Liz Goodwin
Technical Writer, Dycor
AMETEK, P&AI
liz -dot- goodwin -at- ametek -dot- com