RE: Lingua Franca Today - a reflection on this discussion....

Subject: RE: Lingua Franca Today - a reflection on this discussion....
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:23:17 -0000

Sean writes:

+++
Am I the only person who read this thread who thought, at some point, "gee
folks are being just a trifle rough on Kelley?".
+++

I have to say I agree. Also, at risk of keeping a pointless debate going
still longer (sorry, I tried but I just can't resist),

Do the people who think "lingua franca" is, err, verboten, think that the
great american public wouldn't understand "Harry Potter and the
Philosopher's Stone"? (ahh the sorcerer's stone, that well known
holy grail, oops, shiny thing, of alchemy, sorry, magic).

Chris.

PS. note I am not knocking the "great american public" - I think the
bozos at Warner Bros. were though...

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.
0114 - 266 8404