RE: Writing Course for Developer's

Subject: RE: Writing Course for Developer's
From: "Cadorette Johanne" <johanne -dot- cadorette -at- locusdialog -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:43:31 -0500

Christine wrote: "I'd look for alternatives. Establish some standards
for bug-tracking information, write up a sheet of reminders/guidelines
and a couple of
examples... change the focus from "you don't write well" to "here's the
type of information we need from you, and an efficient way to get the
bug reports written up so you can get back to your real work."

That's a good tactic. One of the first things I did when I got my
current job was establish some simple capitalization guidelines for the
GUI and then passed them on to the dev. team. They loved it, thanked me
for it, and took little effort on my part.

Now I don't spend my time correcting NeedLess Capitalization, and I
don't have to worry about stepping on any toes.

Johanne Cadorette
LocusDialog