RE: Web Based Application Help

Subject: RE: Web Based Application Help
From: "Richard Smith" <Richard -dot- Smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:10:01 -0800

> I am looking for information/sites on how to create "Help" in a Web
> Based Application.

I would think that this sort of thing is highly dependent on what
application server and database you are using. If you can be more specific
about what you are using, people can respond with more applicable advice.

> Even URL's of sites having inbuilt Help in it's web
> based application would do.
> This is kind of urgent.

If the help info is pulled from a database and dynamically generated based
on page context, just looking at a site with help is probably not going to
be of much value. But just about any bank, e-commerce site, web portal, and
so on, are all web-based applications. Nearly all I can think of have help
available.

Richard Smith