Re: Reality check

Subject: Re: Reality check
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:30:02 -0800

I completely agree with you. My CBT developer told me that 100 to 300 hours
of development for every hour of CBT is the norm. The high end is when you
have to develop content, lower end if you don't. For this project, we are
developing ALL the content, so high end is expected. Just not possible in
the
time available. Not even if we did not sleep for the entire 4 weeks. And we
like sleeping, at least a little.

I told the client that it simply could not be done. I countered with a
demo-like click thru that shows 2 or 3 areas in detail. That we can do and
do it really well. But to develop a full blown CBT is not going to happen,
even if we all really want it to. And I will not promise what I know cannot
be done or can only be done badly. Why upset the client AND screw my crew?
Not good.

They will make a decision next week on what I said we CAN do in the time
available, which is not that much. But it is better than nothing, and more
than most companies could do!

Thanks for the reality check.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org