Re: sign of the times

Subject: Re: sign of the times
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:25:56 -0500

Sean Hower wrote:

Okay, so I know the market is bad. A friend of mine got sick of being unemployeed and has had to resort to extreme means. Check out his story:

http://www.kxtv.com/storyfull.asp?id=596

I've got to admit, I really admire him. Bottom line, though.....can anyone help him out?

Yes. I can help him out. Tell your friend to stop defining himself as a technical writer, lose the attitude about truck drivers (who have skills he can only dream about acquiring), and take any job--ANY job--that comes along. Every opportunity to learn a skill, learn about people, learn about himself, is an opportunity to become a better tech writer and will serve him well in his next tech writing gig when it does come along. There is NO work that is degrading or demeaning unless you let it be. Sheesh!