Re: Quark to Word Export
Hi Fellow Tech Writers,
Major design issue over here. I was given a manuscript that was apparently
in its final stages . . .but isn't. It is entirely in Quark, has layout and
the rest, but I need to rip it apart and restructure the entire piece.
Therefore, I want to take the files and transport them into Word for the
major chopping block. Is anyone proficient in a "clean" way to do this?
The Save Text command displays the Save Text dialog box which lets you export text in a variety of file formats. The Save Text command is available when the Content Tool (second one down) is selected and a text box is active. Only text can be exported. Anchored text or anchored picture boxes are ignorred. Sorry.
- Use the Quark XPress to load the whole file.
- Use the controls in the directory dialog box to specify a location for the text file
- Enter a name for the text file in the Save Text As field
- Click Entire Story to export the story containing the Text Insertion bar; click Selected Text to export any highlighted text.
- Choose an option from the Format pop-up menp to specify a file format for the exported text. The popiup menu includes ASCII Text and the names of theimport/export filters you have loaded. MicroSoft Word should be there. HTH - Best,
Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr
Have you looked at the new content on TECHWR-L lately?
See http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ and check it out.
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.
Quark to Word Export: From: Edwyn Kumar
Visit TechWhirl's Other Sites