Language Check List

Subject: Language Check List
From: "Radwa Darwish" <radwa -dot- darwish -at- microtech -dot- com -dot- eg>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:41:08 +0200

Dear all,
before I proceed with my question, I would like to pass my thanks to every
writer on this list who has been a great help to me, either through my
questions or through the topics they arise, I am really grateful, special
thanks to Harry Thompson, Pete Sanborn, Timothy Trese, Maggie Secara, Holly
Jahangiri, Lisa Wright, David Mandrake, Michelle Deeprose, Daniel Kamman,
Beth Kane, Cadorette Johanne, David C. Spreadbury, Ulrike Forsberg, and sure
to Hart Geoff.

what I wanted to ask about is a task I have been assigned to, it involves a
check list of most frequent errors our programmers unintentionally leave in
screen text, I have been editing screen text myself and there has been a
lot, I can list them all and their corrections as examples, but I think it
would be offensive and disorganized, most errors include spacing,
punctuation marks, typos and abbreviations... I just want to present a well
sorted check list and I need the guide lines...

thanking you all in advance,

Radwa Darwish
Technical Writer
Microtech
radwa -dot- darwish -at- microtech -dot- com -dot- eg
http://www.microtech.com.eg

the system manager.