Re: Help! Trying to create text on a jpeg image for printing

Subject: Re: Help! Trying to create text on a jpeg image for printing
From: Thomas Neuburger <thomasn -at- twelfthnight -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:15:37 -0800

Hello Peter,

While all of Dick's advice below is good, I'd strongly recommend using EPS as the medium of exchange between Photoshop and Frame, with the "Interpolate" option set On. (In Photoshop 6, this option appears in the Save dialog box.)

This method creates the best possible printed PDF when the Frame file is distilled or printed to a PostScript printer.

Cheers,

Tom Neuburger

The Masters Series: FrameMaker 6
ISBN 1-930597-01-0
On sale at www.bn.com

From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:52:50 -0500

Peter,

You're going the wrong direction. Import the PhotoShop graph (although
why you would create a graph in PhotoShop rather than Illustrator (or
even Excel) is beyond me) into PageMaker, and create the text there.
Save the PhotoShop graph as a TIFF, by the way. Generate your print
output in PageMaker.

Dick