RE: Wardrobe/shoe choice for Interviews: is height an issue for women?

Subject: RE: Wardrobe/shoe choice for Interviews: is height an issue for women?
From: "Hannah Bissell" <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:24:24 -0500

This is definitely true. After about 5'8", heels will not make a difference.
And those affected by it will not be less effected by someone 5'10" than
someone 6'. As a short person myself, ya'all are just damn tall! As with
most of these questions, I say go for the cofidence booster. That's the one
that will get you the best job in the long run.

> If you need info on where to buy clothes, contact me. For those of you who
> do not have a 36" inseam, you simply do not understand how much
> clothes that
> fit mean. It is not the same problem as petite women. Really, not the same
> at all. Beside you can walk into any department store and purchase off the
> rack. So frustrating.

not saying this isn't true to some extent, but it's not so easy for us short
women. you try looking professional with the hems of your pant suit
constantly dragging on the floor - or, to avoid this, wear 4 inch heels or
pay for alterations (on every single pair of clothes). Of course, at least
alterations are a possibility.

hannah Bissell
to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net