RE: Most dreaded part of the job?

Subject: RE: Most dreaded part of the job?
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:47:33 -0500

From: Elaine Malfas, who's flabbergasted:
Am I naïve? I can't imagine having nothing to do!

Depends on who you're working for and for how long, and how well procedures have been established. When your company is at CMM -1, you end up reminding people regularly that, no, you don't just do proof-reading and making things look pretty; although that IS part of the job, it's a SMALL part. A recent project of 3 months duration was finished without my input: it consisted of setting up a new time-reporting tool (hey, tie-in!!) and providing a 1-hour training session. I heard about it when I was scheduled for training. I decided not to go, because I figured I could look at the training material. What, no training material? No, we didn't have time. What, no cheat sheet? No, we, uh, didn't have time...

HEY!! OVER HERE!! I'm the person who has time! I'm the person whose job that is! Throw me a frickin' bone, team.

Karen Black
Lone Underemployed (but Well-Paid) Writer
and please excuse all the bangs!

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr