Re: Development Procedures - where do you come in?

Subject: Re: Development Procedures - where do you come in?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:11:30 -0800

Jim Shaeffer wrote:

Cautionary note: It may be possible to get started too early in the process. This is different from being involved. Early writing tends to lead to lots of re-working. There seems to be a phase in most products between initial design and early release when lots of things change rapidly. Of course, the nature and length of this fluid phase will vary with variations in overall project management and project disciplines.
One of the ways to avoid this problem is to have writers involved in the project in a different capacity, such as interface design. That way, the writer can make a contribution while learning what's needed for the documentation. What's more, for those of us who like variety, this approach makes the job much more interesting.

"I wanted one more ride, before my time was over,
To feel the wind and hear the diesels roar,
One more ride, to dream when I was younger
But dreams count for nothing anymore."
- Garnet Rogers, "One More Ride"