Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:33:40

In your first job as a technical writer, were you
working as a solo writer?

* Other/none of the above

My first job as a technical writer was in 1986, when I was a clerk/typist/data entry operator during college. We had a database (FOCUS) that was unique for our federal government office. When I was ready to graduate, they asked if I would leave "a few instructions" behind for the new person that they would hire. The result: my first users manual, and one that I carry with me to this day (sentimental).

Diane Evans

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for?

See and check it out.