RE: Lone Writer Struggles

Subject: RE: Lone Writer Struggles
From: "White, Bonita" <BWhite -at- CSXWT -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:44:40 -0500

Chris,

None of them are technical writers, but my husband is a graphic artist and
my mother is a teacher. And all they are doing is proofreading, you know
typos, misspellings, grammatical errors. I am the TW. I do the technical
writing. But sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can detect a mistake that you
may have missed because you know what it is supposed to say whether that is
actually on the paper or not.

As for confidentiality, these are my family members. They would hardly
jeopardize my job by telling anyone anything that they read. And for the
record, every employer that I have ever worked for has known that I had at
least one of them look at what I was working on because there was no
proofreader. Nothing to be shocked about!

Bonita