RE: Looks like we'll have to agree...

Subject: RE: Looks like we'll have to agree...
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:07:52 +1100

Of course, being a process freak, we like to point out the real cost of
quality, and maybe the proliferation of non-process shops is directly
proportional to the high rate of failure in tech industries...

Do it once, do it proper.

> This is technical documentation, not brain surgery. Nobody will die if it
isn't perfect.

I did Y2K remediation work for the hospitals in SE syd, I read on here that
some folk write for equipment manufacturers with safety instructions that
come with fatal consequences.

Plus, if its perfection is so irrelevant, why does this planet have so many
copy-editors, proof-readers etc?

I cannot see promoting complacency or sloppiness as doing any good...

Steve Hudson, Word Heretic
HDK List MVP
Word help and tools: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com