RE: Applying On-Line

Subject: RE: Applying On-Line
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:03:29 -0700

Laura Lemay observed:

> It never even occurred to me to create styles for a resume, other than
> perhaps simple ones that got the job done. A resume is an individual,
> one or two-page, one-off document. It doesn't need a lot of hardcore
> template work.
<SNIP>
> If in an interview someone asked me why I didn't use styles in my resume
> I would be happy to give this explanation. And I would be happy to give
> them examples of my template work if template work was part of the
> job description. But to have styles in a resume as an initial weeding
> criteria for resumes seems pretty arbitrary..............
<SNIP>
> weed me out purely on the basis of the style of my resume without looking
> at the substance...well, OK, your loss

It's pretty funny/ironic that a writer who has (I'm guessing here, but I
feel pretty safe) sold more copies of technical books than the rest of
this list put together would not make it past the initial resume screening
process maintained by many members of this list.

Like Laura said, your loss.

-Keith Cronin