Re: Applying On-Line

Subject: Re: Applying On-Line
From: "Laura A Mac Lemale" <lmaclemale -at- paychex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:00:38 -0500

Hello,

OK, confession time...

Fresh out of college, I once constructed a resume in MS Word entirely out of text
boxes. </shudder at memory>.

Hardly an expert, and long before my knowledge of styles, tables, and other
workarounds, my rationale was that I wanted more control over how the text appeared
on the page and I couldn't get it formatted manually the way I wanted it.

Hmmmmm....wonder what that one says about TW.....<g, d, & r>

Have a great day,
Laura

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this message represent those of the sender and
not of Paychex, Inc.

Paul Strasser wrote:

> "Interesting thread!
>
> To me, reading an all-Normal Word resume would indicate that a person might
> be pretty good at kludging a tool to get a desired result. However, it
> gives no evidence that a person understands the nuances of the tool. You
> only have a few moments when the company is looking at your resume -- make
> them count." <snippage>

Laura MacLemale
Technical Writer, EDV
Paychex HRS Operations