Re: Applying On-Line

Subject: Re: Applying On-Line
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:18:22 -0800 (PST)

> | I would not interview a technical writer who submitted a resume in
> | format in which all paragraphs used the Normal style. It's that
> | If you want an interview and you choose to submit your resume in Word
> | format, it'll have to be example of a *properly constructed* Word
> | document.
> |
> | I'll accept resumes in Frame format, as well, and I'll apply the same
> | filter.
> |
> | Btw, like Sharon, we're not currently hiring ... but I'm sure that
> | last forever. :-)

Sheesh, who let the dogs out?

While you and Sharon measure style usage, I prefer to focus on the gray
matter in people's heads. I don't care if people send me a resume written
on clay tablets. If somebody is smart, capable, and bright - who cares
what styles they used.

I can teach somebody how to use styles in Word. I can't teach somebody to
be smart. Granted, a smart person probably would use the styles.

However, you will have to take a very painful technology test when you
come in to interview with me. And I might bring my German Shepard to bark
at you. Woof woof.

I'm not hiring tech writers either...just a new administrative assistant.

Andrew Plato

Do You Yahoo!?

your book. What are you waiting for?

See and check it out.