Re: I just got one of those resumes

Subject: Re: I just got one of those resumes
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:00:26 -0800

Actually, I am not judgmental about it, Andrew - just sad. I agree with your
experience, one of the ways I can quickly gauge someone's technical ability
is how they use their tool. And this resume does not show me a mind that
looks to see how to use his tools to his best advantage. I see a lack of
curiosity, which makes me sad.

Yes, I may miss a great writer. Always possible. But I have to tell you,
after nearly 10 years of teaching, this holds out pretty much the case. If
an experienced tech writer does not know how to use their tools, they
struggle with so much else they are unhappy working with us. My group is
pretty technical and actually understands the technology we work with -
tools and projects.

Now, a new writer with a strong technological background and a badly
formatted resume I can work with.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org