Recommended onine certification?

Subject: Recommended onine certification?
From: "Aaron Silverman" <nishiki -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 00:52:48 -0500

Hi all,

Sometime lurker, first-time poster here. This is something of a followup to
Radwa's posting from the other day. I'm coming from a background in Unix
and Windows administration (and in my previous life, C++ coding), and
looking to get into tech writing. I'm studying HTML (thanks to Ms. Lemay
for the great book!), and after all the posts on Word stylin' I've read on
this list lately, am working hard on my Word/ Office skills.

I'd like to develop my writing skills further, as well as have something
else officially-related to put on my resume, so I'm looking into online
courses and certifications. Can anyone recommend something?
Online-learning.com (the one which advertises on this list's website) looks
like it might be good, does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

-Aaron Silverman
Reformed code-writer,
Aspiring text-writer