Re: techwr-l digest: February 03, 2002

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: February 03, 2002
From: Ynnangel -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 06:32:26 EST

Dear Paula and others,

It was interesting to read the responses to the question about the expected
resume for a Pulications Manager. I would agree, if all else looks great, a
call to a person isn't a bad idea. Nice to know people are forgiving in this
industry. Where are you all when I'm applying? :)

Some part of me though thinks Paula is right to worry. Three geographical
regions in one year, for a MANAGER. I would want to work for a manager who
was a little more stable than this.

I too have faced the skepticism of recruiters because they needed a reason to
weed out numbers, but I've always left for better pay and conditions and I've
never been fired or laid off. It's interesting that all the comments so far
mentioned only the possibility that a person was let go involuntarily.

Luckily in this business we can have something to show to prove our talents,
after all is said and done.

Nicolette Angel