Re: job interview with tests

Subject: Re: job interview with tests
From: surfer924 -at- ameritech -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:5:45

>One interview is going to include testing, which I've never done before,
and wonder if any of you have any ideas what may be in store for me?<

Did they give you any idea what kind of testing? I've taken lots of
different tests, all for various technical writing positions. One test had
me document how to use a paper clip. Another had me edit a paragraph for
spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Others were tool tests (Word, Frame,
Visio, etc.). One employer gave me an hour-long personality survey to fill
out. Afterwards, the HR type told me I had scored in the executive level,
but never asked me back for a second interview. I guess it depends on what
the position is, and what they are looking for.

your book. What are you waiting for?

See and check it out.