Translation & graphics: Additional twist

Subject: Translation & graphics: Additional twist
From: beverly_robinson -at- datacard -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:29:45 -0600

In the February 1 Digest, Martha asked:

We have been told that in order to have the software available to take
screen shots in the 9 translated languages, we will have to have Windows OS
in each language; otherwise we can't open and run the translated versions.
Is this true!?

Beverly replies:

The product I document uses resource DLLs to localize the user interface
and provides a utility to switch to any of the available languages. Using
my English Windows 98 operating system, I can use the product in any of the
localized languages. That said, our localization vendor usually captures
localized screen shots for us.

Hope this helps,