Fwd: RE: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: Fwd: RE: Hiring Publications Managers
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 04:18:31 -0500

The question that has occurred to me after my response is "Why is she so violently opposed to contractors?" My guess, from the rage with which she argued her position, is that she subjects her subordinates to the same management abuse on a daily basis that she demonstrated on the list, and probably the last 100+ contractors have told her to take her contract and shove it. So, having to justify her actions to the CEO, she went into him and said it was the fault of the contractors--they had no loyalty, no commitment to the company, and he should refuse to hire contractors any more. In the meantime, the employees, who are "captive", suffer daily from her management style.

At 03:20 PM 2/5/02 -0600, Foster, Willow wrote:
Kelly's company doesn't want to hire contractors. That's their right. Why is
everyone getting so upset about this? Just last week, there was a long
thread about people weeding out resumes based on whether or not styles were
used. I think that would irk me more than getting turned down because I jump
around too much for a company.

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."
(Romans 12:18)