RE: [HATT] Linking client files to web help

Subject: RE: [HATT] Linking client files to web help
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:15:00 -0500

Sanjay,

Thanks for asking for additional info. At this point they don't have the
expertise on staff to write javascript (and I don't have it myself yet), and
don't really want to license a HAT to attempt this on their own... Obviously
we'd prefer they not, because they'd end up altering the system we
delivered.

As far as I know, they are more concerned about linking these files (most
likely policies and procedures type information) to the application's help
system, than the format that these files would appear to their users. A sort
of "one stop shopping" approach. It's likely that these files would be PDF,
Word or Excel. I know you can create external links, I just don't know if
you can do this after the help system is generated and the application is
installed. This is the first request from one of our clients of this type,
but I don't think it's going to be the last!

Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Connie Giordano