% of Users Who Read Software Documentation

Subject: % of Users Who Read Software Documentation
From: Barbara Yanez <BarbaraYanez -at- cogentsystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:33:31 -0800

Hello all:

Does anyone know of any studies that have been done as to the percentage of
users who do actually do read documentation - (particularly in the software

I searched TechWhirl and the archives - and I see some articles but no hard

And if not in that industry, in any industry?

Barbara Yanez
Cogent Systems, Inc.
(626) 799-8090 x419
byanez -at- cogentsystems -dot- com

Manager-Public Relations
Society for Technical Communication (STC)
San Gabriel Valley