RE: % of Users Who Read Software Documentation

Subject: RE: % of Users Who Read Software Documentation
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:43:54 -0500

With all due respect, the extra words that Tog suggests to make the reading
"interesting" have no place in technical documentation. Wordy, "fun"
explanations may make great journalism, but they're only "fun" the first
time you read them.

If I'm trying to get information, I'm not after entertainment.

If you want to hold my attention as a reader, give me what I want and cut
the chase.

Marguerite
("The Soul of Patience!")