Re: Failure rate of backup tapes?

Subject: Re: Failure rate of backup tapes?
From: Sylvie Picquendar <sylvie -dot- picquendar -at- atempo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:16:26 +0100

Smith, Martin wrote:

The backup tapes are your last line of defense in the event of a server
crash and are not reliable for use as a historical record.
I know that this list is not the place for advertisement, but allow me to react to this description of backup.
The backup and restore software industry has been going out of its way in the past few years to move away from that "last chance" type of approach to a much more service oriented approach offering instant restore, ease of use and permanent data availability.

For an exemple of such a software, visit:

http://www.atempo.com

Sylvie Picquendar tel:+33 (0) 1 64 86 84 65
Technical Writer
mailto:sylvie -dot- picquendar -at- atempo -dot- com Atempo, S.A., (formerly Quadratec)
Les Boréales - 2, Avenue de Laponie
91951 Courtaboeuf Cedex FRANCE http://www.atempo.com
"Time Navigator, the software platform for high-performance Backup and Restore services"